As Fiduciaries of our clients, Sequentis Capital has the duty and obligation to act solely in our clients’ best interests.
As Fiduciaries, we must:
- Put our clients’ best interests before our own, seeking the best prices and terms.
- Act in good faith and provide all relevant facts to our clients.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and disclose any potential conflicts of interest to our clients.
- Do our best to ensure that the advice we provide is accurate and thorough.
Some financial advisors do not act as a fiduciary. Instead, they only fulfill a suitability obligation. At Sequentis Capital we hold ourselves to a higher standard by doing the following:
- Recommendations must be suitable for their clients
- No strict requirement regarding the disclosure of conflicts of interest
- May be loyal to the broker-dealer, not necessarily their clients
Higher Fiduciary Standards
- Recommendations must be in our client’s best interest
- Required to disclose any conflicts
- Must be loyal to our clients